If you are searching for an assisted living checklist to help you know what to look out for in an assisted living facility, this post should help!
Anytime you are going to be touring an assisted living facility, it is crucial that you be prepared ahead of time. No two assisted living centers are going to be alike, each community will be unique within itself.
In order to stay on top and organized, we have compiled a checklist below that can be downloaded. Always compare the different communities, asking all the correct questions, the questions that are going to help in your decision making, as you will want to be certain it is the community you want your loved one to be located in.
Assisted Living Checklist
Here is the assisted living checklist for whenever you are ready to make that call or visit. Download the Assisted Living Checklist. Ask the assisted living facility these questions:
- Are staff members able to administer medication?
- Does your staff have experience with diagnosis or issues with (care of recipient)?
- How much staff is on night shift?
- What is the ratio of staff to residents?
- Is there a staffed nurse 24/7?
- What type of training and experience do the staff members have?
- What apartments types are available?
- Is an assessment conducted before admission?
- What is the cost per month for various apartment types?
- Can you describe some of your residents?
- What are your billing and payment policies?
- How does your discharge process work?
- Is there a wait list? If so, how long is it, and what is your policy?
- Does the monthly fee include all services? What are the additional costs of services, if not?
- In the event residents needs change, what services are available?
Assisted Living Tour Checklist
Here is an assisted living tour checklist to help you know what to look out for while out on tours of different facilities you are interested in.
- Observe cleanliness levels
- Witness a community event
- Do the staff seem friendly?
- Visit the courtyard or outdoor area
- Eat one of their meals
- Ask staff and security questions
- Ask personal care questions
- Talk to some of the residents
- Learn about move-in and out criteria
- Go with your instincts
About Chaparral Winds Assisted Living
Chaparral Winds Retirement Community is more than just another retirement community. At Chaparral Winds Retirement Community we offer Assisted Living, Independent Living & Memory Care. We are located on the border of Surprise & Sun City Arizona. Our Community offers several options to meet all of your needs. We are conveniently located by everything you need, including terrific restaurants, great shopping, numerous golf courses, cultural centers, sports arenas, and medical offices all within a few miles.
Chaparral Winds boasts to be the best retirement location in the West Valley. Our retirement community is built for today’s seniors who are looking for a lifestyle that are not only active and stimulating, but also interesting and flexible.
Chaparral Winds Offers The Finest Retirement Living In Surprise, Arizona
Chaparral Winds is a retirement facility in Surprise, Arizona offering assisted living, independent living, and memory care services. For more information about our senior living facility, SLS Communities or to schedule a tour, please call us today at 623-471-5086.