The average cost of independent living is $3,750 per month. Prices will typically range from $1,500-$6,000. Independent living costs will vary based on location and quality of the community, according to WhereYouLiveMatters.
Average Cost Of Independent Living
Average service rates at independent living communities will cost between $1,000-$10,000 per month. Usually, there will be a one-time fee that comes with independent living arrangements. This fee will cost anywhere from $500-$1,500. Budgeting properly should be at the top of the list of priorities for anyone considering a move to an independent community. Many seniors share the common fear that their retirement savings may not be enough in the long term.
Independent living communities can easily be compared to investments, so it’s best not to let the initial sticker price scare you from this living arrangement. The suggestion is to do as much research and tour as many communities as possible to make the best decision for your situation.
Independent Living Costs
Here is a look at the typical independent living costs:
- Daily and weekly housekeeping.
- Scheduled activities.
- Transportation services.
- 1-3 meals per day.
- Emergency systems.
Additional fees can include the following services:
- Guest apartments and meals.
- Unscheduled activities.
- Extra activities.
- Concierge services.
Independent Living Cost Vs Assisted Living Cost
Undoubtedly, independent living costs much less than assisted living. This is due to the extra care associated with the residents of assisted living communities. The average cost of assisted living in the state of Arizona is $3,000 per month, with a range of prices between $1,500-$6,000, according to SLS Communities. Total costs of assisted living services will very much depend on the quality of the facility and location.
There are many costs associated with an assisted living facility, and these options tend to be more expensive than independent living communities. So, what costs can you plan for when choosing assisted living? Many assisted living communities across Arizona will require a move-in fee, which serves as a prorated monthly fee. This cost will run from $1,000 to $5,000, according to WhereYouLiveMatters.
Costs will usually be broken down into two categories: rent and services. Services will include meals and snacks throughout the day, as well as housekeeping, transportation and a variety of scheduled activities. Some communities will offer rent and services together as one package. Packages can often be tailored to a resident’s exact needs and requirements, ranging from activities to healthcare.
Independent Living Benefits
Here are a few of the numerous benefits of choosing an independent living community:
- Senior Friendly Accommodations: With first-rate, apartment living, seniors can move from their higher priced, high-maintenance houses with ease. These communities are designed for easy navigation (whether a resident is mobile, need the assistance of a walker or in maybe even in a wheelchair), compact and free of possible dangers.
- Senior Social Interaction: Independent living encourages its residents to engage in the community at a comfortable level they are happy with. With year-round events, special movie nights, fitness centers, and a barber shop/beauty salon, all at their front door, they can easily reach out and associate with the rest of the community and fellow seniors.
- Security and Safety: In the most straightforward sense this means taking care of the access to the community and its residents. This also means guaranteeing that our residents’ requirements are met and emergencies are identified and responded to in a timely matter. Independent living communities they deal with this by taking care of all maintenance, offering twenty four hour safety and security.
- Freedom Time: The most popular reason that senior’s transition from their own homes to independent living is the freedom they gain. Moving from a large home decreases personal tasks, errands and time spent on their homes maintenance. Residents will also find that independent living gives them the time to pursue other much awaited pursuits and hobbies.
Retirement Community In Surprise, AZ
Chaparral Winds is a beautiful assisted living community near Sun City, AZ. Being able to socialize with other residents becomes an integral part of many peoples’ lives and Chaparral Winds Assisted Living offers common indoor space to support that need. If a resident requires assistance moving from a bed to a wheelchair or vice versa, this facility has staff who can help.
Phone: (623) 975-0880